The TB/HIV Officer works with and supports the MDH RTB-HIV Manager to ensure efficient implementation, M&E and reporting of TB/HIV services in her/his respective region including direct field coordination of key program priorities such as Isoniazid prevention therapy (IPT), intensified TB case finding and multi-drug resistant TB diagnosis and management. She/He is responsible for field implementation, coordination and reporting of TB/HIV initiatives in her/his respective region under the guidance of the RTB- HIVM and in collaboration with DPMs and other MDH staff and relevant regional, council and health facility staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To support implementation, M&E and reporting of TB-HIV services under the Afya Kwanza project, as well as other relevant activities.
2. To support implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities – such as intensive TB screening and case finding among PLHIVs and IPT- in line with national guidelines.
3. To provide TA to the DACC, DTLC and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of TB- HIV services.
4. To support RTB-HIV Manager to assess and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs in TB-HIV services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with R/DTLC.
5. To support timely collection and submission of TB-HIV data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
6. To support RTB-HIV Manager in writing technical program documents including reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents.
7. To support and advise the RTB-HIV Manager on all TB-HIV issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RTB-HIV Manager.
8. To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or related field with relevant national registration.
2. Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field will be an added advantage.
3. At least two (2) years of experience working in public health programs/ services.
4. At least two (2) years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of TB-HIV or related clinical and public health programs and services.
5. Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges.
6. Experience in writing reports, best practices and lessons learned.
7. Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
8. Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
9. Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2021.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted