POSITION: Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Officers (7 Posts)
LOCATION: Geita, Kagera, Tabora & Dar Es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Regional Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Manager
The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) officer works with and supports the MDH RMCH Manager to ensure efficient implementation, M&E and reporting of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) services in her/his respective region, including pediatric, adolescent and youth HIV prevention, testing, care and anti-retroviral treatment services. She/He is responsible for the field implementation, coordination and reporting of all MCH initiatives in her/his respective region under the guidance of the RMCHM and in collaboration with DPMs and other MDH staff and relevant regional, council and health facility staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To support the Regional MCH Manager in implementation, M&E and reporting of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH services under the Afya Kwanza project, in line with project work plan.
2. To support implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities – such as index HIV testing, Option B+, male involvement, tracking of mother-infant pairs, follow-up of EID results and accelerating children’s treatment (ACT) – in line with national guidelines.
3. To provide TA to the DACC, DRCHCo, RCH In-charges and HCPs in planning, implementation, M&E 4. and reporting of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and related RMNCH programs and services.
5. To support RMCH Manager to asses and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs in PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART & RMNCH services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with DACC, DRCHCo and RCH-Incharges.
6. To support timely collection and submission of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
7. To support the RMCH Manager in writing technical program documents including, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents.
8. To support and advise RMCH Manager on all PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RMCH Manager.
9. To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or related field with relevant national registration.
2. Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field will be an added advantage.
3. At least two (2) years of experience working in public health programs/ services.
4. At least two (2) years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART, RMNCH or related clinical and public health programs and services.
5. Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges
6. Experience in writing reports, best practices and lessons learned.
7. Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
8. Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
9. Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email email@example.com by 30th September 2021.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted